BCS Electrical in Victor Harbor is your local electrical contractor, lighting and ceiling fan installer.
Our showroom at 6 Lincoln Park Drive, Victor Harbor is open 9am-4pm weekdays and features an interactive showroom featuring lighting, switches, powerpoints and ceiling fans which you can see in operation and also operate yourself. We are also available by phone for all your electrical repairs, maintenance and installations.
Our team comprises qualified, licensed and experienced electricians backed up by enthusiastic apprentices and customer service personnel.
Although based in Victor Harbor, we provide electrical repairs, maintenance and installations throughout the Fleurieu Peninsula region including Encounter Bay, Port Elliot, Hindmarsh Island, Goolwa, Middleton, McCracken, Yankalilla, Normanville, Mount Compass, Myponga, and even Strathalbyn. We effectively service the following three council areas – District Council of Yankalilla, City of Victor Harbor and Alexandrina Council.
The range of services offered includes: Electrical installations – Tag & Testing – Residual Current Device Testing – Safety Switch installation – Meter Box upgrades – Smoke Alarm Installations – Emergency Repairs – Globe Replacement – Lighting Upgrades – Safety Advice – Caravan Lighting – Heating – Data Cabling – Telephone Cabling – Television Installations – Hot Water Service Repairs – Energy Efficient Lighting – Electrical Appliance Installations.
The BCS Electrical Story
BCS Electrical in Victor Harbor has been run by the Steinert family for two generations. For 32 years the business was operated by Brett and the late Bev Steinert from premises firstly at Inman Valley and then in Port Elliot. In 2014 they sold the business to their son-in-law and daughter, Glenn and Leanne Farr, with the intention to retire … but Brett is still very much a part of the business today.
The change of ownership also led to a move to the Lincoln Park Estate in Victor Harbor. In March 2020 BCS Electrical relocated to 6 Lincoln Park Drive, Victor Harbor to premises including an expanded workshop area, interactive lighting showroom where customers can try a wide range of lighting, switches and even ceiling fans before they have to make a purchase and, coming soon, there will also be more comprehensive displays.
Throughout our 30-plus years of operation we have continued to maintain a passionate philosophy to offer exceptional customer service to the people of the Fleurieu Peninsula. We have a strong relationship with the local community and do all we can to promote local business.
In 2021 BCS Electrical was proud to be named the Business Victor Harbor Excellence in Business Awards’ Most Outstanding Business of the Year, and also took out the Trades & Industry category.
We are also heavily involved in our local community and believe in giving back when we can. We sponsor a number of organisations including:
- Port Elliot Bowling Club
- McCracken Golf Club
- Victor Harbor Football Club
- Victor Harbor Netball Club
- Encounter Bay Netball Club
- Encounter Bay Football Club
- Port Elliot Netball Club (Social)
- Great Southern Amateur Basketball Association
- Great Southern 8 Ball Association
- Victor Harbor Sea Scouts
To find out what our clients think of our service see our Testimonials page.
Frequently Asked Questions about us
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about the services provided by BCS Electrical.
- What areas do you service?
- How much do you charge for electrical work?
- When are you open?
- Do you employ apprentices?
- How can I pay, and what payment methods do you accept?
- Is your electrical work covered by a warranty?
- Can you provide me with an insurance report on appliance or electrical household damage for my insurance company claim?
- Do you repair electrical appliances?
What areas do you service?
BCS Electrical are based in Victor Harbor and offer a wide range of services for clients in the Southern Fleurieu Region either as a mobile to your door service or at their office and showroom at 6 Lincoln Park Drive, Victor Harbor. We offer services to Victor Harbor, Goolwa, Port Elliot, Encounter Bay, Middleton, McCracken, Hayborough, Normanville, Yankalilla, Carrickalinga, Strathalbyn, Currency Creek, Hindmarsh Island, Mount Compass, Myponga, Inman Valley, Cape Jervis and Hindmarsh Valley, and all locations in between. Travel charges may apply.
How much do you charge for electrical work?
BCS Electrical charges $104.50 including GST per hour for electrical work with a minimum charge of one hour, plus any parts and materials.
Can I provide my own electrical items for installation?
BCS Electrical are happy to install client supplied electrical items. However the following points should be noted:
- if there is an issue or fault with a client supplied item, it will be the client’s responsibility to arrange repair, refund or warranty.
- if the client supplied item needs to be replaced under a warranty, it will be the client’s responsibility to coordinate the replacement product. If BCS Electrical are required to return to a client’s property to finish the installation of, reinstall or replace a replacement product under warranty for a client supplied item, a charge of $104.50 including GST per hour, with a minimum charge of one hour will be charged to the client. This payment will be the responsibility of the client. Please note this hourly rate is current as of the 9th December 2022 and is subject to review. (The BCS Electrical website will state the current hourly rate and this is the rate that will be charged by BCS Electrical.)
- if the item supplied by the client is found to be incorrect (does not fit the required space, does not do the job the client intended, or does not for any reason meet the client’s requirements). BCS Electrical will work with the client in rescheduling the completion of the work once the correct product has been sourced by the client. Alternatively, if requested by the client, BCS Electrical can source a replacement product. In instances where the client supplied product is incorrect, BCS Electrical is not responsible for any delays in completing the work. The client will also be responsible for the charges of the attendance of the BCS Electrical technician with the standard minimum charge of one hour of time.
- The client should be aware, that installation time of the product, may take longer than originally estimated by BCS Electrical, if the Technician is unfamiliar with the client supplied product.
All client supplied equipment must be Australian Approved.
Can I purchase my electrical items from BCS Electrical?
Please visit our showroom at 6 Lincoln Park Drive, Victor Harbor, where we have a range of lighting, fans, power points and light switches. We can also discuss your lighting, fan and electrical requirements and order these electrical items for you and arrange a suitable time for installation. You can also visit our virtual showrooms elsewhere on our website.
Can you quote on my proposed electrical work?
We are able to provide an estimate on your work over the phone based on our hourly rate. However, this will be an estimate only as the time involved in electrical installations and repairs can often only be determined when we attend a property and quote on your work. We are happy to provide a written quote on your work. The charge for a quote is $104.50 including GST per hour, however if you accept our quote and go ahead with the work, the cost of the quote will be discounted from the final invoice total – so in effect the quote will be free if you go ahead with the job.
The installation of new electrical items and replacement of electrical items can vary depending on the home or business. Things that can affect the time it takes to install new electrical items and replace electrical items are: size of ceiling space, items in the ceiling space including air conditioning ducts, placement of joists and beams and access to install wiring in wall space for lighting, power points and switches.
How long will it take to install my electrical item?
BCS Electrical charge a minimum of one hour plus any parts and materials.
However the average times are as follows: (Please note this is not a quote)
Fans – new install 1½ – 2 hours
- replacement fan for fan – 1 hour
- replacement fan for light – 1- 1½ hours
Exhaust fan – replacement 1 hour
- new 1 ½ hours
Heat/light/exhaust fan – replacement 1 hour
- new 1 ½ hours
Oven replacement – 1 – 1 ½ hours if appliance size is like for like
Cooktop replacement – 1 hour if appliance size is like for like – this can also depend on cooktop design
Rangehood replacement – This will depend on the rangehood design
Downlights – replacement – 15 minutes per downlight
- new – on average 1 hour for first downlight and 20 minutes each thereafter
All these times are very dependant on the home or business and can vary also on the product being used. We are happy to provide an estimate but times can vary when the Technician is working dependent on conditions.
When are you open?
Our showroom is based at 6 Lincoln Park Drive, Victor Harbor and is open weekdays 9.00am – 4.00pm. You can call us on 8554 3094. Out of these hours you will be diverted to our mobile number and occasionally you may need to leave a message. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Do you employ apprentices?
BCS Electrical is proud to have played a significant role in employing and training apprentices. We are committed to educating our apprentices and providing on the job training in conjunction with their TAFE studies. As at 2023, we currently have two apprentices working with us.
How can I pay, and what payment methods do you accept?
You can pay your invoice in a variety of methods – credit card, cash, bank transfer or deposit or cheque. Cheques can be made payable to BCS Electrical and can be posted to PO Box 643, Victor Harbor SA 5211. You can also call into our showroom at 6 Lincoln Park Drive, Victor Harbor Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm to pay your invoice or call us on 8554 3094 to pay via credit card. Our invoices include banking details for internet banking. Our bank details are Bank SA – BSB 105-026 and Account Number 064 981 440. Just use your invoice number as the reference.
Is your electrical work covered by a warranty?
BCS Electrical warranty our workmanship for 12 Months. Product warranty will vary due to manufacturers and may have to be organised by the end user.
Can you provide me with an insurance report on appliance or electrical household damage for my insurance company claim?
Yes we can assist you with a report for your insurance company. If you have a damaged appliance, and it can be brought into our office at 6 Lincoln Park Drive, Victor Harbor. We can inspect the appliance and provide you with a report on damage and repair options. This report will generally be charged from $88.00 including GST and this amount is payable prior to the inspection being undertaken.
If the appliance is unable to be brought into the office or if you require a report on your home or business electrical repairs, we can visit your property. The report will generally be charged at $104.50 including GST and again this charge is payable prior to the inspection being undertaken. We will provide a written report and email or post this report to you within 5 business days after inspection.
Do you repair electrical appliances?
If you have lamps or small electrical items and can bring them into our workshop at 6 Lincoln Park Drive, Victor Harbor we are happy to look at whether they are able to be repaired. The cost is $66.00 incl GST for one hour of labour which is payable upfront, and we will advise you if the item can be repaired and the cost of additional labour and parts before undertaking the repair. General turnaround times for workshop repairs are 5 business days but this is dependant on whether additional parts are required for the repair and they availability from our suppliers. We are unable to repair white goods and would recommend that you contact an Appliance Repair person. You can find contact details for Appliance Repair people in the Fleurieu Link.